Guide to Commissioning Works:
- Commissioning a new work is a very exciting and collaborative process! It supports the composer and fuels the creation of new works!
- Rates vary from commission to commission, depending on the length and size of the ensemble, as well as the nature of the piece. Please feel free to send?me an email through the contact form below and we can discuss further details. Please take some time to read New Music Box’s Commissioning Fees Calculator, to have a rough idea of the industry’s standard commissioning rates.
- Please allow at least 1 month for shorter commissions and up to a full year or more for bigger works to be completed.
- The commissioning party will have the right to premiere, perform and record the work, granted that all mechanical fees and royalties be distributed properly. The composer has the freedom to use the recording of the work for marketing and promotional purposes.
- The composer shall be the sole copyright owner of the work, unless otherwise specified.
- Since writing a new work is a collaborative process, the commissioning party may opt to invite the composer for a workshop-residency, as well as to attend the premiere. An honorarium that covers travel, lodging, and per diem is requested as part of this residency. More details can be discussed through email.